Flow Sensor – VTY Series OEM In-line Type
The liquid flowing into the Sika VTY series turbine flow sensor is split into individual jets by the guiding blade. These jets hit the rotor evenly from different directions, setting the rotor in motion. The rotation speed of the rotor is then converted to an electrical pulse signal (frequency): The rotors are fitted with magnets and a Hall effect sensor detects the rotation of the rotor. An inductive proximity switch detects the rotor rotation and a flow-proportional frequency signal (square-wave signal) is made available.
Given the uniform inflow to the bearing, the forces largely cancel themselves out and wear is reduced to a minimum. The extremely hard bearing materials – sapphire and tungsten carbide – also guarantee an exceptionally long endurance.
These economically priced sensors have been specifically designed for OEM potable water applications and carry WRAS certification. Minimum order quantities apply on these products.
|Body Material||VTY 10 MS-30 - Brass|
|VTY 10 K5-30 - PPO Noryl GFN3|
|Rotor Material||PPO Noryl GFN3|
|Process Connection||VTY 10 MS-30 - G1/2"|
|VTY 10 K5-30 - G3/4"|
|Measurement Range||1~30 l/min|
|Output Signal||Square wave signal, NPN open collector|
- Sapphire supported turbine for long durability
- Turbine body made of brass or glass-fibre reinforced plastic, turbine internals made of glass-fibre reinforced plastic
- Wide measuring span (1:30)
- Flow proportional frequency output signal
- Various fitting positions
- Practically independent from flow straighteners
- Insensitive against water hammer
- WRAS approved
- Potable water