The British Automatic Fire Sprinkler Association (BAFSA) are holding a free one-day seminar in Cambridge on 3rd May to promote the benefits and practicalities of installing automatic fire sprinklers to protect new developments, modern houses and 21st century communities from the destructive forces of fire.
BAFSA is dedicated to providing authoritative information on the benefits of sprinkler systems and how sprinkler systems can play a significant role in saving lives and property from the devastating effects of fire. They believe they have a responsibility to provide authoritative and impartial information to the widest possible audience, which is why they continue to organise these great free-to-attend events.
The seminar is being hosted by the Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service at Parkside Place Community Fire Station in Cambridge and has a number of speakers, all experts in their chosen field. The seminar aims to help attendees have a better understanding of how sprinklers:
- Save lives.
- Minimise fire damage.
- Result in cost saving where the building authority has permitted trade-offs in respect of escape facilities.
- Protect whole communities from being destroyed by fire.
- Reduce risk to developers and contractors.
- Included in the spec for unconventional contemporary buildings often enable the compliance for Building Regulations to be achieved in a very cost-effective manner.
- In a truly green or carbon neutral building will ensure that no fire will destroy it.
- Are an essential and robust fire protection system for the elderly and vulnerable.
The day kicks off with an opening welcome from both Maurice Moore, the Area Commander for Cambridgeshire FRS and Keith MacGillivray MBE, Chief Executive of BAFSA. Other speakers from BAFSA include Stewart Kidd, Steve Seaber and Ritchie O’Connell. Topics covered include:
- Protecting families, communities and businesses in modern developments and new communities.
- Protection of the elderly & vulnerable in care.
- The results of Pilot Studies on installing sprinklers in various styles and sizes of new homes.
- Effectiveness and reliability of sprinklers.
Shaun Bennett from Derby Homes will also be presenting a case study on ‘Installing sprinklers to protect a new development from fire.’
Check out BAFSA’s upcoming free seminar events here.